The 4th BioNLP Shared Task in 2016
The BioNLP Shared Task (BioNLP-ST) series represents a community-wide trend in text-mining for biology toward fine-grained information extraction (IE). BioNLP-ST 2016 follows the general outline and goals of the previous tasks in 2011 and 2013. It identifies biologically relevant extraction targets and proposes a linguistically motivated approach to event representation.
As in previous events, manually annotated data is provided for training, development and evaluation of information extraction methods. According to their relevance for biological studies, the annotations are either bound to specific expressions in the text or represented as structured knowledge. Many tools for the detailed evaluation and graphical visualization of annotations and system outputs will be available for participants. Support in performing linguistic processing will be provided to the participants in the form of analyses created by various state-of-the art tools on the dataset texts.
Participation to the task is open to the academia, industry, and all other interested parties. The access to the on-line evaluation services remains open on each individual task page after the end of the official test period.
- Note that the workshop will be two folds. The joint shared tasks workshop will be held on 13th, which is right "after" ACL conference, and it will be dedicated to the BioASQ and BioNLP-ST sessions. The BioNLP workshop will be held on 12th, and it will accommodate posters of shared task presentations.
| January |
|Training data release
| 25th March |
|Test data release
|1st April |
| 8th April |
|8th May 15th May |Paper submission
||Joint shared task workshop
BioNLP-ST 2016 feature the three event extraction tasks listes below. Descriptions and data are found in the task pages.
- [SeeDev] Genetic and molecular mechanisms involved in plant seed development
- [BB3] Bacteria Biotope, bacteria locations and normalization with an ontology
- [Genia] NFkB Knowledge base construction
- Email for further questions: bionlp-st-adm(at)googlegroups.com
- Mailing-list for more information: bionlp-st(at)bionlp-st(dot)org (archive)
- Subscription to the mailing-list is required. Send an email to majordomo(at)bionlp-st(dot)org with "subscribe bionlp-st" in the body of the message